Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Priorities

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Lord, in the summer, when I have the gift of time, I can spend lavish time with you. My mind is relaxed. I can make thoughtful decisions. But what about the rest of the year, when life is hectic and demanding? My eyes are on the clock! Lord, that is not where you want my eyes. Lord, as I dive into your Word, you teach me where to turn my thoughts. You show me how to line up my priorities. I need to keep my eye on you....and you will do all the rest? I know that is true! I forget, Lord. I forget and forget. Lord, help me do my days putting you first, so that you can manage the rest. Help me make choices, as I look to this new school year, that would honor you. Help me make decisions that would put me in positions to glorify you. Draw my eye to you. In your name, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment