Thursday, August 26, 2010

New

In Christ, we are new every day! The newness of each day, and each season, is so refreshing. A new chance. A new start! A blank slate. In the same way, a baby refreshes our lives! A new life. The innocence. The sweet breath. The enthusiasm for the smallest accomplishment, and the trust in being comforted. Lord, I am so thankful for the "newness" this summer has brought. I am thankful for the gift of time to be with you. I am thankful for the time with my husband and family. And, Lord, I am so thankful for the new baby, and the joy she brings to everyone, and for her capable and loving parents. What a joy to see! Hope is new, and life is fresh. Thank you Father!
2 Corinthians 3:6 "He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about your comment for a day or so. And, I hope I can get this reply to post, as I have been unsuccessful in doing that lately. Obviously, I know neither who you are, nor your level of sincerity. But I am trusting that you are sincere, and genuinely hurting. I have compassion for you, and sorry you are in such a difficult time. I have in the past lived with those feelings myself. Regarding feelings. Yes, they are a target for Satan, and a tricky place even for our own mind. We go up with the good circumstances, and then down with the tough ones. The important thing, I think, is to hang on to the Truth. The truth is that you are God's, and He loves you. He has a plan for your life. It is OK to go to him with your feelings, and ask for what you need. Then, let Him take over. With faith, every circumstance can be renewed and restored, forgiveness given and received, and old feelings replaced with the fruit of the spirit. We must believe. Psalm 55:17
    "Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice."
    He will hear your cries to Him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment