Monday, August 23, 2010

Farewells

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness...." IITimothy 4:7 Lord, I pray for my two Shirleys. My cousin, Shirley, who is grieving the loss of her treasured husband, Len. I pray for your love and peace to fill the empty places in her heart, especially now that services are over, and the tasks are done. And for my sweet long time friend, Shirley, Lord you are bringing her home. I pray for her as she makes this transition, and for her dear husband, Bob. Lord, bless them! 70 years of marriage,Lord, how do they say goodbye? I pray for the familes of both these dear Shirleys. And I pray for safe travel as we leave to say our farewell to Shirley and to wrap Bob in our arms. Lord, bless us all in the sad farewells.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment