Thursday, August 12, 2010

Aging Parents

Lord, though I grieve the loss of my parents years ago, many of my friends have aging parents who need increased care and attention. Lord, right now, I pray for two in particular who are dealing with major changes with their parents. My prayer is that they find the best solutions for their parents as well as for themselves. I pray that the parents involved would be comfortable and accepting with the needed changes, and accept them with grace. I pray that the love of the children for them, would encourage the parents to understand the need to accept the help. And, Lord, I pray that once the changes are made, everyone involved will feel comfortable with them, and at peace with the solutions. I pray for calm and for peace, for love and respect, and for your intervention in all of this.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." Proverbs 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment