Monday, August 9, 2010

Beauty out of the Pain

Steven Curtis Chapman, upon the death of his youngest daughter, suffered deep pain and grief. Out of the ashes of his loss, he wrote a new song.... "Beauty Will Rise." Deep faith is etched into these lyrics: "Out of these ashes, beauty will rise. We will dance among the ruins ~ we know the joy is coming in the morning....This is our hope. This is a promise. It will take our breath away to see the beauty he has made, out of these ashes." A stadium full of worshippers, watching him sing this tribute to "a day gone badly wrong", received his offering of faith. It was moving. More than that, it was undoubtedly healing for many. It helps to know that joy is possible, and that good will come. It doesn't diminish the pain, but it provides hope. We need hope. Lord, I thank you wholeheartedly for the hope provided last night at the Harvest Crusade. Steven and Greg Laurie are your servents, Lord, and they serve out of their deep love for you. I thank you that I was there....that I can draw from this evening to offer hope to my burdened friends. I pray for opportunities to help lighten their load.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment