Sunday, July 11, 2010

This Is My Father's World!

"This is my Father's world, and to my listening ear, all nature sings and 'round me rings the beauty of the spere!" When I was a little girl, this was my favorite hymn. My dad must have been the one to make me so aware of the beauty and wonder of nature, and this hymn catches my praise! The hymn comes to mind as I sit in the window seat of a room overlooking the grasses of the meadow and the cypress trees stretching out to the ocean. The sky is grey, but the splendor and majesty of God' creation shine. The refreshment that nature provides is luxurious. It is quiet. People are few. Thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to hear and smell and see all that you have created. Thank you for a time to focus on your creation and worship in quiet. My heart is full of praises for you, Lord. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment