Friday, June 11, 2010

Soldiers

"I lift my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the Lord will keep you from all harm- he will watch over your life." Psalm 121:1-7
I finished viewing a video of surprise visits by soldiers, my eyes wet with tears. I began to pray for our soldiers. We owe it to them to pray! I am so grateful for their service and their sacrifice. I pray specifically, Lord, for my friend JJ in Iraq. I pray for his safety, for him to feel Christ with him, and be able to share Christ with his comrades. I pray for the peace of mind that only your Holy Spirit can bring. I pray for his sweet family at home, and I thank you that he is able to communicate with them. I carry him in my heart, Lord, and I thank you for your deep care of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment