Friday, June 4, 2010

Expectancy

Expectancy is a word that is packed with meaning! The dictionary says it is the condition of waiting or expecting, as for a baby. The word expect can mean to look for as likely to occur or appear. The Bible tells us to pray expectantly. "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:22 I think that the connotation of the word expectancy is a positive one, anticipating, with excitement and hope. We are encouraged to pray with expectancy. I pray now, Lord, for my many friends leaving on retreat today. They leave with the expectancy that God will meet them there! I pray he will do His mighty work in each woman. I pray, too, for the expectancy my daughter has in her last month of pregancy! I pray that she and her husband will be blessed during the childbirth, and I expect that all with be well! Thank you, Father, calling us to you in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment