Friday, September 3, 2010

Laughter

Proverbs 14:13 "Even in laughter the heart may ache, and joy may end in grief."
Job 8:21 "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy."
Lord, today I just thank you for laughter! I have been thinking about laughter for a couple of days, and every time I do, I start giggling again. I have seen a couple of really funny things! And, how refreshing! Lord, there is grief this summer, as people close to me have left life here, and gone to you. There are serious prayer requests that I pray over, as many others close to me wait answers to our prayers. But, Lord, I have laughed out loud, something I don't often do. I thank you for laughter! I thank you for people that have the gift of being super creative and funny. Let me pass on the joy of laughter, as it soothes the body and lightens the heart. And when I laugh, let me turn my thoughts to you, remembering I am rooted in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment