Monday, September 27, 2010

Glorifying God in Grief

Lord, I come to you in confusion over the death of my friend's daughter. I can't even imagine her grief at such a loss, and the family's grief....and the grief of the two little children left behind. My mind tries to sort it out, but of course, I cannot. You are sovereign, Lord, and we must trust in your goodness and your plan. The lyrics come to mind, "I am not skilled to understand, what God has willed and God has planned." I prayed for a miracle of physical healing, but you called her to you instead. Lord, I yearn to know your plan in this. But, then, that is making it about me.....and surely it is not about me. The answer to my prayer was "no," and you are all knowing. Today I realized, you are more concerned about her spirit and the drawing of her soul to you. In this death, somehow, you are to be glorified. Show me how, Father God, to glorify you in this loss of Kristine.
Psalm 86:12
"I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment