Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pressing on through Anxiety

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 3:13b-14
Lord, this is my call.  And I thank you for Paul, who exemplifies what it is to live in you. His words guide us as we, like him, strive to live the Christ life.  His prison walls are mirrored in the prison of our minds, where worries and anxieties take hold.  Lord, with all of the blessings and joys that fall on me from You, why do anxieties have a foothold?  Day to day troubles that have no lasting damage, prayers of intercession that carry through the day, little relationship issues that bother...pile up and land in my stomach, run through my mind. I am so thankful to You, God for your Word, and there I head now.  I pray your words will inscribe themselves on my heart and mark my day.  Thank you, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment