Monday, January 24, 2011

Your Word

Lord, how I love your Word and the wonder of your ways. "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3 is such a great reminder to keep our minds on you. I love the visual image of a painting, with the figures in the foreground appearing large, while the figures in the background appear small and farther away. So it is with our minds during each day, amidst each problem or joy. What we focus on seems to be large, and in the foreground. While those things we are not focusing on, seem distant and small. Lord, help me to keep you in the foreground of my mind! If you are near and you are large to me, everything else fades to the distance. Draw me to your Word, and give me a thirst for prayer and quiet in your presence. Then my mind with be steadfast, and I will trust in you. I will call to you and you will hear me! Lord, thank you for your ways, and for calling me into relationship with you. Use me to glorify you, precious Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment