Monday, November 8, 2010

Lord, I Seek a Glimpse of You

"Open up my eyes, I pray
Lord, for just a little glimpse of you
That's all I need, it's all I've ever needed
To see beyond myself, beyond this tiny, little world
All your hands have made
With beauty and strength alone
I can see you comin' to me now
Oh, like a shimmerin' light
Shimmerin' light on an open sea
Barefoot on the water
Laughin' at the ocean
Like you were old friends
Callin' out my name." Bryan Duncan
(http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/b/bryan_duncan/#share)
Lord, I seek a glimpse of you. I yearn to feel your grace pouring over me. These first weeks of school always set me off balance....rob my time. Gone are the quiet days of freedom and the luxurious time to spend with you. I miss that precius time!! How good it feels to sit and wait on your presence...listen for your quieting voice. I can then hear you calling me, as you called the disciples to step out onto the water so many years ago. My heart runs to you, Lord. My soul feels the rush of your spirit. Joy rises up from within me. You are here. I am awed by the fact that you came for us, unworthy as we are. Thank you, Father!

Matthew 14: 25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.

27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”

28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

29 “Come,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment