Monday, October 11, 2010

Wait Upon the Lord

Lord, I praise you for music. I praise you for hymns, I praise you for current worship songs, and for beautiful melodies of the ages. I praise you for lyrics that embed themselves in my mind, and play theselves over and over throughout each day. I thank you for faithfilled songwriters, and I thank you for King David, who wrote psalms to you from deep in his heart. Lord, these beautiful songs and psalms bring me strength and fill me with your joy. They transform my thoughts, sing out my joys, and help me soar over my challenges. "Strength will rise as we wait apon the Lord." Lord, this is so true. We rest in you, surrender to your ways, and slowly our will becomes your will. When we are singing to you of our love, our joys, our sorrows.....you are there, and we find comfort. Thank you, Father. "One day in your courts is worth a thousand elsewhere."
Judges 5:3" I will sing to the LORD, I will sing; I will make music to the LORD, the God of Israel."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment