Monday, October 18, 2010

I Just Prayed For You

"No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised." Romans 4:20-21 Lord, I am so thankful that you gave me the desire to intercede in prayer for others. It glorifies you, and brings me such joy when I can do so. But I am shaken after my earnest and faithfilled prayers seem to fail....when your answer is "no", or where there is physical death rather than healing. So I am afraid to say, "I have prayed for you." The words hold such hope....but what if..? It is then I must return to your word, which is truth. You are able. Knowing your word lifts the burden from me, and places it where it should be - with you. My responsibility is to stand firmly on this scripture, convinced that you are able to do what you have promised, and you are sovereign. When my small mind cannot understand your ways, these familiar words comfort me. "I am not skilled to understand, what God has willed...what God has planned." You are God, Lord, and I glorify you, even in my grief, my sadness, my pain. I continue praying. I look to the blessings in life, and I am grateful. I trust you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment