Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Answer to Prayer

Prayer is an important part of my life as a Christian, and I have had a passion for intercessory prayer for many years. My time in prayer for others is precious and important to me, and I love the connection it brings with God and with those I pray for.  Many prayers over time have been answered!  I am always so grateful and give God the praise for His loving care and specific answers.  However, there have been a few times, when I have fervently and boldly prayed to God on behalf of another, expectantly, and the prayer does NOT seem to be answered.  I say seem to be only because I do not have the mind of God, and I do not have the ability to know His plans.  But I can say the disappointment in each case of loss was huge, and therefore very confusing to me.  But I push on, knowing that God is Good, and I must obediently trust in Him.


Recently I have been interested in a bit of writing by E. M. Bounds, who is evidently, since his death, known for his amazing prayer life. He writes: "To God and to man, the answer to prayer is the all-important part of our praying. It proves that God lives, that there is a God, an intelligent being, who is interested in His creatures, and who listens to them when they approach Him in prayer."
 
If this is so, then I am all the more confused about what to do with "unanswered" prayer.  The Bible holds the truth, so we can turn to it to point us back to the truth.  Though confusion remains in my mind, the point is that God is sovereign.  We are to trust and obey, worship, pray, and give thanks.

These scriptures from John command us to boldly approach God in prayer:
 

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son."
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you."
"In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."
SO, for you, and to those for whom I hold on my prayer list, I boldly approach the throne of God to ask for prayers to be answered, in the name of Jesus Christ, for healing for you, in body and soul. I pray for physical healing, emotional healing, and for a keen sense of God in your life.  I pray for jobs, I pray for right relationships, and I pray for release from grief.  I pray for you and for your children.  May God be the center of your life, and may you find your utmost joy in Him.  In the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment